A place for refreshment
Come to me all you who are weary and find life burdensome, and I will refresh you.
What is Hermitage?
Hermitage is an ancient concept common to many cultures. The experience of hermitage – personal retreat – is gaining popularity as people recognize the need to take time for physical, mental and spiritual renewal. In our hectic world, hermitage provides a space free of distraction, a place to slow down the pace of life, restore balance, wander, think and pray.
There are many reasons to hermitage at Amnicon.
- Silent retreat
- Discernment on a particular issue
- In depth study of scripture
- Focused time on a special project
- Reconnect with a spouse
- Simple relaxation
- Comfortably immerse yourself in the natural world
Solo or couple retreats with peace and simplicity
Accommodations are simple and comfortable, giving guests the opportunity to enjoy the woods and a good night’s sleep:
- Comfortable, well-furnished cabin
- Electricity and cozy propane fireplace for enjoyment in all seasons
- A fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee-maker
- Plush outdoor toilet with heat and lights
- Showers and sauna available only a short walk away
- Several miles of private hiking trails
- 1/2 mile long beach on Lake Superior
- Canoes & snowshoes available to borrow
- First night: $75
- Additional nights: $55
Many hermits enjoy bringing their own food. If you prefer, you may also reserve a basket of fine breads, cheeses, fruit, and spreads for $25. Each basket is enough for one person for one day. If a retreat group is staying at Amnicon during your hermitage, you may choose to join them for meals in the dining hall. Breakfast is $8, Lunch is $9, and Dinner is $10.
- A $30 deposit is due with registration.
- All deposits are non-refundable