about the destination
The Cloquet River is a remote waterway flowing down one side of a ridge that follows Lake Superior’s North Shore. Your wilderness journey will find you paddling stretches of quiet, placid water frequently broken by short, bouldery rapids.
This trip is recommended for anyone interested in experiencing God in nature, building relationships within their community, and growing personally. Previous paddling experience is a plus, and your guides will teach you any skills you need to know. Experienced staff will make your trip one of enjoyment and safety, so you can concentrate on learning new skills, worshiping God, building lasting friendships, having fun, and celebrating community life together!
frequently asked questions
What COVID precautions are you taking?
Amnicon Adventures are remarkably amenable to COVID precautions. You won’t interact with anyone outside your group, and all group activities will take place outdoors. We encourage all of our staff and campers to get vaccinated, and follow CDC guidelines in case of known exposure.
Amnicon has successfully been running wilderness trips throughout the pandemic with ZERO known instances of COVID transmission on our site.
Who can come on this trip?
Trip participants must be:
- At least 14 years old on the first day of the trip,
- In reasonably good health,
- Able to lift and carry 30 pounds over a short distance,
- Able to swim 25 yards and tread water for 30 seconds while wearing a USCG certified Personal Floatation Device (life jacket)
- Able to walk half a mile over uneven terrain without assistance, AND
- Have a licensed medical practitioner sign a health form certifying that they are healthy enough to engage in the kinds of activities we’ll do on this trip.
Anyone with a chronic medical condition must:
- Be able to manage their own care without assistance,
- Bring all their own medications and supplies,
- Be willing and able to communicate with Amnicon staff if they’re not doing well,
- Have experience managing their condition during prolonged periods of increased stress & activity, AND
- Have not had any medical emergencies within the last year.
If you have questions about whether this trip will be a good fit for you, don’t hesitate to contact us! Call 715-364-2602, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or click the button below.
What are the guides like?
Our wilderness guides are amazing, and you’ll love them. We send two highly trained individuals with each group. They will be at least 19 years old, and have been chosen because they have demonstrated an impressive level of maturity, care of creation, and a desire to connect with and serve our campers. We do our best to hire a diverse staff every year, and often hire staff from overseas! Amnicon does not discriminate in our hiring based on gender identity, sexual orientation, race, country of origin, or religious affiliation.
What are the campsites like?
Camping is allowed anywhere along the river, and there are no established campsites. Each night the group will set up their campsite on a piece of untouched land, giving you a true backcountry experience.
What if I've never been camping?
You’re in for a big adventure! Previous camping and paddling experience is a plus, of course. Regardless of camping experience, your guides will teach you everything you need to know. If you come with a positive attitude about this whole nature thing, you’re sure to have the trip of a lifetime.